MTFU 01: YANGON CITY TOUR (3D/2N)
Discover Yangon, the former capital of Myanmar with its charming mix of faded colonial architecture and the towering Shwedagon Pagoda.
Operational Period: All Year Round
Day 1: Arrival Yangon (transfer + sightseeing)
Day 2: Yangon (full day sightseeing)
Day 3: Departure Yangon (transfer)
DAY 1: ARRIVAL YANGON (transfer + sightseeing)
On arrival at Yangon International airport, you are welcomed by our English speaking tour guide and transferred to hotel. On the way, firstly we visit;
(1) Kyauktawgyi Pagoda (one of the biggest marble Buddha Images in Myanmar with a height of 37ft/11m and a weight of weighs over 600 tons). You will also see the white alive elephants at this Pagoda compound, and then proceed to hotel. After refreshment, start on a city tour with;
(2) Chauk-htat-kyi Phaya; a huge life-like reclining Buddha statue surrounded by Buddhist monasteries.
(3) Karaweik Hall to marvel at the uniquely decorated “hamsa-bird-shaped” floating barge on Kandawgyi royal lake with a great view of Shwedagon Pagoda.
(4) A visit to the magnificent and world famous Shwedagon Pagoda, known for its religious significance and artistic beauty. The massive bell shaped stupa is plated with gold and the tip of the stupa is set with diamonds and rubies, sapphires and topaz - a stunning sight as the sun sets and an unforgettable place to begin your trip in the "Golden Land". Lunch & welcome dinner at local restaurant and overnight at the hotel in Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Meal: Lunch & Welcome Dinner
DAY 2: YANGON (full day sightseeing)
After breakfast at hotel, we begin a full day's Yangon City tour including:
(1) Explore Downtown Yangon where the British colonial influence is still evident with a visit around Sule Pagoda which is located at the heart of the city and proceed to a range of beautiful colonial style buildings such as the City Hall, the High Court, former Immigration Offices and the Independence Monument in the green Mahabandoola Park. Afterwards, continue to the Central Post Office at Pansodan Street which is famous for some of Yangon’s most impressive colonial buildings and then have a look at busy life of Pansodan Jetty on Yangon River. Take a short tea break at Strand Hotel by own account (If you wish).
(2) Botahtaung Pagoda, a famous landmark pagoda beside Yangon River, with a walk-in internal a sacred hair relic chamber of Buddha.
(3) The National Museum where you will see the regalia of Myanmar Kings and the Lion Throne of Myanmar returned from the Albert and Victoria Museum in England by Lord Mountbatten of Britain on Myanmar’s independence in 1948.
(4) Bogyoke Aung San Market (named after the father of Aung San Suu Kyi and formerly known as the Scott Market) to purchase souvenirs and handicrafts if you wish. There are gems, fabrics, lacquer ware, wood sculptures, paintings etc… the range of wares is fantastic and don’t forget to bargain!
(5) Little India & China Town, noted for its fruit market, delicious street foods and old world atmosphere.
(6) Complete the day with an extended visit to Royal Green River Cruise to have a farewell dinner with an Asian food buffet (non-religion) and enjoy a spectacular sunset outside city area from the Yangon River. (Sailing hour: 17:00 to 19:00 in winter & 17:30 to 19:30 in summer).
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Farewell Dinner
DAY 3: DEPARTURE YANGON
After breakfast at hotel, morning is at leisure until you are transferred to Yangon International airport for your return International departure flight.
***END OF SERVICE***